Prudhoe Community High School is a 13 – 18 Specialist Technology College with 838 students on roll (261 in Sixth Form). We are a caring and hardworking school with an excellent examination record at GCSE, BTEC, CACHE and A Level. PCHS is a school that is full of enterprise, drama, art, music, dance and sport and sees these areas as crucial in delveloping a whole range of personal and social skills.
To view Prudhoe Community High School’s profile please click here
Our aim is to create a caring and secure environment in which young or old people, irrespective of sex, class, race, creed or disability can:
- maximise their individual potential through a broad set of personal learning experiences.
- develop their own self respect through personal achievement.
- acquire knowledge, understanding and skills necessary for a successful transition to adult and working life.
- participate in the community and develop a sense of environmental responsibility.
- develop their own values but empathise with and respect the views of others.
- be creative, imaginative, enquiring, adventurous and ready to challenge established facts, views and motives.
We are committed to the promotion of the highest possible standards of achievement and excellence for all young people whatever their ability, and we maintain high quality educational provision within a caring and supportive environment. Demand for education at Prudhoe Community High School continues to grow and, whilst we maintain traditional values and standards, we are committed to a partnership with parents and young people in order to develop quality, excellence and opportunity for all.
We believe in working together to offer young people not just a strong and successful basic education, but added value. Such opportunities lie in:
- provision in the Arts
- strong peripatetic music lessons, bands, orchestras, choirs, involvement in a wide range of professional residencies and festivals; continued activity as a music examination and recording centre and a youth theatre
- a commitment to international educational experiences
- a wide range of sport and coaching opportunities
- a Learning Resource Centre for students in and out of school to extend their studies
- leading edge science and technology facilities and opportunities
- state-of-the-art Information Technology facilities
- an enrichment programme of additional studies
- expanding community activities
- very strong links with local industry through work experience, curriculum input, training and careers
- a wide vocational curriculum and A Level programme post 16.